REPORTS TO: Quality Engineering Manager
POSITION PURPOSETo strategically identify, implement and communicate part-specific and systemic productivity improvements.
Identify and manage a pipeline of lean opportunities. Drive the successful implementation of projects to reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, increase throughput, and/or ensure employee safety through:
- manufacturing process controls
- manufacturing process improvements
- new manufacturing processes and methodologies
- Implement part number by part number productivity improvements.
- Regularly report on project status and effectiveness.
- Recommend new capital equipment; oversee its installation and start-up; train operators; write operating manuals/procedures.
- Instruct, mentor, and lead teams through continuous improvement events and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Lean-Sigma certification. Experience leading successful Kaizen events.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and project management skills in a manufacturing environment. Must be "hands-on".
- Proven ability to work independently and in direct contact with manufacturing shop floor personnel, suppliers and customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
Back to current job openings index