It’s been said that the most dangerous phrase uttered in the business world is “We’ve always done it this way.” The alternative approach of searching for and investing in ways to improve your products, people and practices has proved time and again to be a more successful path. We have chosen this route and thus the past 12 months have seen lots of change, growth and investments for Molded Dimensions and the Molded Dimensions Group. We thought it’d be worthwhile to highlight just a few of these investments.
People: Investing in current and new employees often provides the largest ROI. From the C-suite to the shop floor, we are investing in the people that we believe will improve our business. Here are some of the key new hires of the past year:
- Doug Snodgress – Quality Manager
- Kasey Foreman – Supply Chain Manager
- Trevor Swartwout – Engineering Project Manager
- Zach Skarr – Sales/App Engineer
- Brenda Griepentrog – Controller
- Dylan DiGiovanni – Technical Sales Manager
Technology: Good technology is integral to good business — especially in today’s day and age. That’s why we continually invest in both large and small areas of technology.
- Began training and setup of new ERP system
Molded Dimensions Group:
- Developed and launched a new website
- Moved to a cloud-based business computer system
- Updated our Solidworks 3D modeling software
- Upgraded all engineering computer systems for improved graphics simulations
- Upgraded all laptops for our sales team
Equipment: In order to continue to be a premier provider of custom parts for companies seeking reliability, versatility and a strategic approach, we continue to invest in our equipment.
- Purchased and installed a new tensometer to our in-house, Chemists’ lab
- Added a new, urethane production oven to increase output and shorten lead times
Upgrades to improve output and maintain quality:
- Upgraded our manufacturing air compressor
- Added a new pad printer
- Installed a more efficient pallet shrink wrapping machine
- Updated and installed a new mold maintenance work center
- Upgrades to improve output and maintain quality:
- Introduced a new DMC Live Tool Turning Center, ideal for medium to high volume turning work
Molded Dimensions and the Molded Dimensions Group continues to invest in our people, technology, equipment, processes and more. In the coming 12 months we expect:
- Molded Dimensions will fully implement and change over to the new ERP system
- Molded Dimension’s rubber division will have started a building expansion
- GlobalTech Plastics will have completed their AS9100 Recertification Audit
GlobalTech Plastics will add a:
- 360-ton Horizontal Nissei Molding Machine
- 120-ton Vertical Machine
- Updated storage racks and a new rack forklift for shipping and receiving.
We are excited to about all of these new investments (and our planned future investments) which allow us to better serve our customers. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.